Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Social Society

I am thrilled that one of the local societies to which I belong has taken the decision to enter the world of social media.

Today The Ku-ring-gai Historical Society has launched its blog, http://kuringgaihs.blogspot.com, and Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/kuringgaihs. I have been giving the Society a bit of assistance with this project and am keen to ensure that it is a successful venture for them.

Please, if you have a spare minute or two, pop over and say G'day in a comment on the blog or visit Facebook  and 'like' the Society page. I have been singing the praises of social media to my fellow members and a few messages from  genealogy and history buffs from near and far would provide a practical  example of the power of social media for genealogy and history societies.

I congratulate Ann Barry, President of the Society, and her committee on this initiative.

3 comments:

A O'Brien said...

Hi Jill, I just tried to access the blog but received the message "This blog is open to invited readers only" :(

GeniAus said...

Knew I'd forget something - I had it set to private so it could be tweaked prior to launch. All good now.

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

Welcome to the blogisphere, Ku-ring-gai Historical Society!

I subscribed and can't wait to read more.

Please share my society blog ideas if they're interested: http://www.lulu.com/shop/amy-coffin/25-great-topics-for-genealogy-society-blogs/ebook/product-16662104.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...