Friday, November 9, 2012

Family History Through the Alphabet – X is for … keep it open

This morning I am in Monte Carlo looking out at one of the hairpin bends for the Monaco Grand Prix and playing catchup on my ABC posts. My pace doesn't match that of those speedy vehicles that will roar past my balcony at race time but I anticipate that I may reach my finish line some time next week.

On most computers there is a little x icon in the top right hand window of  most windows and applications you open (if you use a fruity device it is on the left). Don't close it - take a little while to linger longer.

Engage in a little Tangential Genealogy. Keep that window or app open and eXplore a little. You just never know what treasures you may uncover if you dig down through the layers of that website or app.

You could even find a sledge hammer to knock down a brickwall.

2 comments:

Kerryn Taylor said...

I must admit I am guilty of hitting that X too early. Many times I have gone back to one of those "Xed" sites to find, as you say, much more hidden underneath. It pays not to be in too much of a rush.

Gould Genealogy said...

I really love the creativeness of your X post this, it is great advice. I do tend to open new tabs or pages, to the point that my browser crashes, which can be painful, but at least they mostly reload afterwards.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...