Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Trove Tuesday - Jury duty

As someone in my family was called up for jury duty today I wondered what Trove said on the matter.  I searched Trove for Jury duty in online resources and Australian content and once I had my list of hits narrowed it down to 1914, 100 years ago

One headline that jumped out at me was "Cannibal Jury" I noted that this article was recorded in a number of newspapers so I took a look. The content was not Australian rather it was a report from Australia of an overseas incident so in the case of Trove Australian content must mean published in Australia.

1914 'A Cannibal Jury.', Eastern Districts Chronicle (York, WA : 1877 - 1927), 22 May, p. 8, viewed 12 August, 2014, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article148571757
I trust that my family member is satisfied with a salad sandwich.

1 comment:

crgalvin said...

Priceless - no body, no case, all as a result of no dinner!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...