Friday, September 12, 2014

People Places Stories

Our state family history conference commenced today and is on over the weekend but I am not there. I had a more important appointment with two of my Grandsons at Grandparents' day at their school this morning.
With the boys at school today

We had a fantastic concert from the boys and then we were invited to the classrooms to see their work before we had a picnic lunch with them.

When I checked out one of the classrooms I was reminded of my last visit to the school. I was thrilled to find a report of that visit on a notice board, I could hardly contain my excitement as it brought back memories of a happy hour I spent with the Year 1 classes in April this year.

Report on school notice board
 In our state of New South Wales the children study family history in Year 1 and again in Year 6. I was privileged to be able to tell the boys about genealogy and family history.

I dug into the family photo archives (my son came along to watch and take pictures) for some more memories of the day, see them below.


Family History is about People Places Stories



Baby brother wasn't too impressed with my talk
Should you get a chance to get into a classroom and share your passion for family history then I suggest you grab the opportunity.









7 comments:

Julie Goucher said...

A lovely day Jill with the future of the Ball's! Sounds like they and you had a great day and created some happy memories.

Anonymous said...

Jill, I can understand the nice feeling you got when you saw the story on the notice board. Fran

Kylie Willison said...

What lovely memories!! I hope I get to do this when my grandies are older!!!

Unknown said...

Fantastic story, Jill, thanks for posting! :)

Unknown said...

How cool was that? Some budding genealogists amongst them now I trust!

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

A special sharing moment Jill, and one which your grandsons will treasure I'm sure. A good idea...must talk to my granddaughter the teacher about this. I know I have to get an orange card before I can go into the classroom.

Kerrie Anne Christian said...

Well Jill - we did you miss you down in the Gong at NSW & ACT AFHS annual conference - however you obviously had a different and very important audience - great to read the story written about your visit to the school.
Fantastic !

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...