Wednesday, August 12, 2015

World Elephant Day

I couldn't let this auspicious day go by without talking about our family's connections with pachyderms.


As we have no elephant tamers in our family line I took a look in our family album to see if I had any photos of our elephant encounters. As a young shild I visited Taronga Zoo on many occasions and always enjoyed an elephant ride, I couldn't find any photos of myself atop an elephant but thankfully Trove came up trumps with a photo of a bunch of children on an elephant named Jill - I wonder if I ever rode on Jill!!

1950 '[No heading].', The Australian Women's Weekly (1933 - 1982), 21 January, p. 12, viewed 12 August, 2015, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-page5840905

The next tiime I had an opportunity to ride on an elephant was at an elephant refuge in Thailand in 2004.

Mr and Mrs GeniAus in Thailaand 2004

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...