Friday, February 5, 2016

Point Form

As I am keen to hit the sack the report on my activities today at Rootstech will be in point form.

6:30 Leap out of bed and get dressed. I had bathed last night to save time.

7:15 Tour of Rootstech Expo Hall with Paul Nauta from Familysearch. 

The Expo Hall before the crowds swarm in.
8:00 Seated ready for the Opening session.

A photo with Ruby, 15 year old Ambassador.
8:30 Opening Session: Steve Rockwood, Stan Ellsworth, Paula Williams Madison, Shipley Munson (I wonder if he is still Tenor Number 13?), Bruce Feiler.
Paula Williams Madison
Steve Rockwood
Stan Ellsworth
Shipley Munson
Bruce Feiler
10:20 Move to Media Center and set up computer.

I got a spot between Kirsty Gray and Sharn White
10:40 Photo opportunity with Stan Ellsworth

11:45 Audio interview - Stan Ellsworth.

12:00 Video Interview - Judy G Russell - a gracious  lady who will be visiting Australia soon - watch ourt for her lectures in your capital city. Will post when available.

12:20 Video Interview - Kirsty Gray. Will post when available.

13:00 Lunch - Voucher kindly supplied by Familysearch. 

13:30 Presentation - Michelle Goodrum - Introduction to Genetic Genealogy and DNA for the Non-Scientist. Very good presentation supported by clear graphics.

Michelle Goodrum 
 15:00 Wander around the Expo Hall and chat with vendors. The area is huge with lots of vendors but I didn't spend a cent -Mr GeniAus would be proud.

16:30  Presentation - D. Joshua Taylor. Can I Undo That? 25 Tech Mistakes You Should Avoid. Ended the day on a high note, josh consistently delivers an excellent, rich and practical talk.

17:30 as I was tired I passed on the Findmypast reception and the Rootstech Opening social

18:30 Dinner at the hotel with Australian genimates, Maureen, Fran and Sharn.

Early to bed so I can be rested for my presentation tomorrow and a MyHeritage party tomorrow evening.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jill, Great company for dinner. Hope today is just as full, Fran.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...