Monday, February 19, 2018

Checking off the Checklist

I'm a fly by the seat of my pants type of girl but in the case of Rootstech I have a checklist that I consult prior to taking off. If I forget something I won't be making the 12,816 km journey home to collect it.



My 2017 post  has provided the basis for this 2018 list.

  • Hotel at Sydney airport for night prior to flight - Booked
  • Longterm Parking at Sydney Airport - Booked
  • International return flight Australia to SLC - Booked 
  • Airport transfer in SLC - Staying first night at SLC airport hotel - it has a free shuttle 
  • Hotel Accommodation - Booked at the Marriott Downtown City Creek - most convenient hotel to Salt Palace and City Creek shops. Had to book first night elsewhere as Marriott was full 
  • Passport - Already in handbag 
  • ESTA (Visa) - Still valid
  • Travel insurance - Renewed
  • Make copies of all docs and save on phone and laptop - Another job for this afternoon.
  • Pills and potions - packed an emergency 'just in case' kit of favourites.  
  • Get US dollars from bank - especially $1 notes - Done
  • Conference Registration - Done 
  • Respond to invitations - Done 
  • Download the Rootstech App - Done, classes selected and friends made. If more people made their profiles public I would be able to make even more friends 
  • Download Rootstech syllabus papers of interest - May have to do this in SLC. 
  • Compile list of research tasks for Family History Library - In progress in my Family Historian Database.
  • Make list of shopping to be done while in the US.
  • Find out names of Aussies who are travelling to Rootstech - only a small group this year - wonder if I have missed anyone? 
  • Set a date for a casual pre-conference dinner for members of the British Commonwealth attending Rootstech - Done. Details here.
  • Aussie pins/stickers/badges to hand out -  Done
  •  GeniAus Business Cards to hand out - New ones have arrived
  • GeniAus ribbons - Awaiting pickup on Salt Lake City. Thanks DearMyrtle
  • Purchase breakfast bars and healthy snacks for quick meals - already packed.
  • Start gathering up my Geneabling to wear at the event - can't find it since moving house. Will have to start up a new collection. 
  • A light day bag for conference - no-one else will have a bag like mine.
  • Organise my technology for the trip - A mammoth task for this afternoon.
  • Pack my Bags - Halfway there - need to take stuff out rather then put stuff in.

With only two more sleeps to go I had better stop blogging and attend to packing.

2 comments:

Caitie G said...

Way more organised than me!

GenieJen said...

Have a wonderful trip, looking forward to vicariously enjoying Rootstech thru your blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...